In order to make or save any form layout customizations, you must be in Template Editing mode. See Creating and Assigning Templates to Staff Users for more information.
Individual users can save customized form layouts, such as the layout of the Home page, as XML files. These files can be loaded and distributed to other users. The Open File and Save icons are located at the top of the customization form.
Saving a Customized Layout
To save a customized layout you have created for a page:
- Click the Save icon located on the customization form.
- The Save As window opens.
- Name the file and save it as an XML file by clicking Save.
- If you save or load an XML file, it is only for the one particular form and not the whole client.
- If you make changes to the home page and want to load or sent it to other users, you must save that page as an XML file.
- When you go to the Request form and make changes there, you'll need to save that XML file as well, if you want to share it with someone else.
- When you close the client it saves all your changes for the entire client to your username in the StaffLayouts table in the database, but it is not possible to replicate the entire client out amongst users.
Loading a Saved Layout
To import and use a customized layout you have created for a page:
- Click the Open File icon located on the customization form.
- The Open window opens.
- Chose the XML file you want to load, and click Open.