Staff users can create a default request queue layout and assign it to all of their request queues simultaneously using the Set As My Request Queue Default customization option. When you customize a request queue layout, Aeon automatically saves your customizations as the new default layout for that one request queue. In the past, if you wanted all of your request queues to be formatted using the same layout, you had to customize each one individually. With the Set As My Request Queue Default button, you can customize a queue's layout and then set that layout as the default for ALL queues in the Requests group.
How It Works
When you create your request queue default layout, you can decide to apply it to all request queues simultaneously at the time it is created, or you can set the default and choose not to overwrite the existing queue layouts at that time.
The Customization Override Feature
Using the Yes/No Override feature, you can decide whether you want to overwrite existing customizations for all of the other queues when you save the customizations as the default layout. Selecting Yes automatically sets the layout as the new default layout for all Requests queues and changes the layout of all queues to match the new layout. Selecting No sets the layout as the new default layout for all Requests queues but does not automatically change the appearance of the other queues to match the default layout. This feature comes in handy if you make changes to your default request queue layout but do not necessarily want to apply the changes to all queues at that time. You can change the layout of individual queues to the request queue default using the Restore My Default button.
The Restore My Default Option
If you decide at a later time that you do want an individual queue to have the same layout as the default request queue, or you make a change to a queue layout and you are not happy with it, use the Restore My Default button to reset the queue to the request queue default.
The Restore System Default Option
The Request group defaults are independent of the Aeon system default. Using Restore System Default returns a request queue to the Aeon system default (either the out of the box layout or the staff-manager assigned settings/template). You can revert back to the Request Queue default from the system default by selecting Restore My Default.
Creating a Request Queue Default Layout
To create a request queue default layout:
- Use the grid customization features to format the layout of a request queue to serve as your default request queue layout.
- When you have formatted the request queue layout, right-click on any header in the queue to bring up the grid customization form.
- Click the Set As My Request Queue Default option.
- On the Overwrite Customizations dialog form, choose Yes or No to overwrite the existing customization for other request queue grids.
- Choosing Yes sets the open queue's layout to the new request queue default and changes the layout of all the other queues in the Requests group.
- Choosing No sets the open queue's layout to the new request queue default but does not change the layout of all the other queues in the Requests group.
- To change all request queues to the request queue default at a later time, simply open the queue you designated as the request queue default, use the Set As My Request Queue Default option as explained in number 3 above and select Yes.
- To change an individual request queue to the request queue default at a later time, open the individual queue and select Restore My Default from the customization grid.
- To restore an individual queue to the Aeon system default, open the individual queue and select Restore System Default.