Staff users with layout customization permissions can save grid layouts to share with other staff users. The Save Layout customization option saves the customized grid layout as an XML text file. The Load Layout option loads a saved grid layout into the applicable grid. Saved grid customizations can also be applied to other grids with the same column scheme, such as the request queue lists.
Saving Grid Layouts
To save grid layouts as an XML file:
- Right-click on a column header and select Save Layout from the grid customization form.
- On the Save dialog form, give the file a file name and save it to the location of your choice.
- You can now share the file with other users or load it to customize other grids in your client.
Loading Grid Layouts
To load a grid layout file to your client:
- Open the client to the grid that you want to customize using the grid layout.
- Right-click on a column header and select Load Layout from the grid customization form.
- Locate the file from within the dialog form click Open.
- The new grid layout is immediately applied to the open grid.