Using download links located on the Activities forms, researchers can obtain an iCalendar file and load the Activity into their individual calendar or schedule program.
Using download links located on the Activities forms, researchers can obtain an iCalendar (.ics) file and load the Activity into their individual calendar or schedule program. The file can also be emailed and shared with other researchers. This feature uses the iCalendar protocol, supported by many major calendar and schedule applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Google Calendar, and Apple iCal. Included in the file are the Activity date, time, location and description information as provided from the Activity Information form. No permission changes are required to allow a researcher to generate or access the calendar file. The process is done in memory on the server and streamed directly to the user.
Using the Link on the Activities Form
The download link on the Activities form is displayed in the Download column of the Activities grid as iCalendar.
Click on the iCalendar link to generate the iCalendar .ics file.
Using the Link on the Activity Information Form
The download link on the Activity Information form is displayed above the Activity Information grid as Download iCalendar file.
Click on the Download iCalendar file link to generate the iCalendar ics file.
Downloading and Viewing the Calender File
When either of the two download links is clicked, an iCalendar (ics) file is generated for the Activity.
- Click on one of the download links as explained above. The iCalendar file dialog box appears.
- Save the iCalendar file to your desired location using the Save File button on the dialog box.
- Click OK to save the file.
- The file is named according to Activity number (e.g., Activity14); this can be changed after the file has been saved.
- Load the Activity into a calendar or schedule program. The file can also be emailed to share with other researchers.
If you are using Outlook, clicking on the file from a saved location or as an email attachment will add the file to your Outlook calendar.