In order to collect statistics for unclaimed interlibrary loan items, you must process a return for the unclaimed items in the ILLiad Client without first checking them out to the patron. This will create an “Item Not Picked Up” tracking entry for each unclaimed item, which you can then use in a custom search for record-keeping purposes. Begin with the normal check in process for loan returns following the steps below:
- From the Borrowing ribbon on the Main screen, click Check In. This will open the Batch Process: Check Item In form.
- Locate the unclaimed item by scanning or entering the Transaction Number or by searching for the transaction.
- Since the item is not in the "Checked Out to Customer" status, a warning asking "Are you sure you want to check in the item?" will appear. Click "Yes."
- If Auto Process is selected, the item will be checked in automatically.
- If you have opted not to use Auto Process, the transaction will be added to the process queue. Click Process Queue.
- ILLiad will perform three processes:
- The item will be routed to Awaiting Return Label Printing.
- An "Item Not Picked Up" tracking entry will be added for the transaction.
- The OCLC request will be updated to "Returned."
Performing a Custom Search to Track Unclaimed Loan Items
You can view data for all unclaimed loan items by performing a custom search with the following search query: