The Review Queue
This queue is for items that have matched both an ILLiad transaction record and a Lender symbol. Items that are in this queue need to be reviewed for accuracy, completeness, and readability. Once they have been reviewed and edited if necessary, TIF files will be converted to PDF and the PDF file will be posted for access by the customer from the ILLiad web pages.
Selecting an Article
To select an article to work with, click on an item in the Review queue. Information about the corresponding ILLiad transaction will populate the Request Information panel of the Electronic Delivery form.
Note that the Odyssey Protocol is the only available method of Electronic Article delivery.
Once an article is selected, the Request Information for the selected transaction number will be displayed in the upper right area of the Electronic Delivery form. If you want to see more information about the record, click the View button. This will open the Request form for the selected transaction. Verify that you have the correct article and that it is legible.
When the article is selected, the corresponding image file is loaded into the Document section of the Electronic Delivery form. Thumbnail images for each page in the electronic article will appear along the left side of the Document pane. If the electronic article contains more pages that can be displayed in the form, you will also see a scroll bar to the right of the thumbnail images. This allows you to scroll through the various pages and select the page(s) you wish to manipulate and/or view.
Selecting Pages of an Article
To select a single page, simply click on the thumbnail image that you wish to view. This will highlight the selected thumbnail image and display the selected page on the right side of the Document pane. Once a page is selected, you may use the up/down arrows and the home/end keys to navigate through the thumbnail images
Action can be performed on multiple pages, for example rotating the images 90 degrees. To select multiple pages, simply hold down the control key as you select the thumbnail images. This will highlight the selected thumbnail images and display the last-selected page in the thumbnail image group on the right side of the Document pane.
Only one page at a time will actually display on the right side of the Document pane. Multiple highlighted thumbnail images are used to indicate that multiple pages have been selected. At that point, you may perform the action.
Viewing the Article in the Document Pane
Collapsing the Request Information box and minimizing the thumbnail view allows you to see more of the document you are scanning. Use the Best Fit, Fit Height, and Fit Width buttons to adjust the image view.
Electronic Document Editing Options
Various electronic document editing tools appear on the Electronic Delivery ribbon. These tools allow you to make changes to documents in the Review and Print queues prior to delivering them to the customer.
Image manipulation is disabled when working with PDF files, so these files cannot be altered using the Crop, Rotate, Deskew or Delete editing options available on the scanning form. PDF files will be sent exactly as they are imported into Odyssey Electronic Delivery.
- The Select button allows you to select a specific portion of the page to be retained in order to crop the excess from the image. When you click the Select button, your cursor over the displayed page will appear as a green target . Move to the edge of the area to be cropped, click and hold down the left mouse button and drag the cursor to outline a rectangular portion of the image that should be retained. The image is not modified by this action until the Crop button is used. Once you have the selected area, use Crop (see below) to edit the image.
- The Pan button allows you to grab the displayed page with your mouse and drag it within the display pane so that you can see other sections of the image without having to resize it. To use this, simply click the Pan button. Your cursor over the displayed page will appear as a hand and three red arrows. Click on the displayed page and drag it to the location within the pane. The image is not modified by this action.
- This will zoom in and make the image appear larger. Choose Zoom and left-click on the document to zoom in.
- This will zoom out and make the image appear smaller. Choose Zoom and right-click on the document to zoom out.
- The Best Fit button resizes the image of the selected page within the display pane so that the entire page image is displayed.
- Fit Height: This will resize the image to fit the height of the article to the display pane.
- Fit Width: This will resize the image to fit the width of the article to the display pane.
- The Crop command allows you to remove excess from the page image. This is used in conjunction with the Select icon (see above). Once the section of the image that is to be retained has been selected, click the Crop button to remove the portion of the image.
- Because scanned documents often arrive with some (or all) pages oriented upside down or sideways, ILLiad allows you the option of rotating and/or flipping pages a variety of ways. Clicking the Rotate button will rotate the image counter-clockwise. Clicking the arrow on the rotate icon brings up a menu of these options. To select the option, click on it. The specified action will be performed immediately.
- You also have the option to Deskew (straighten) the selected page(s) of the document. The Deskew button corrects the alignment of pages that were scanned slightly off square. This action may be performed for the selected page(s) by clicking the Deskew button.
- The Undo button allows you to undo your previous editing action(s). The image will return to its previous state.
- The Delete button allows you to delete the selected page(s) of the document. Clicking the Delete icon deletes the entire document but will prompt you for confirmation first. Clicking the arrow next to the Delete icon brings up a menu.
- The Save icon allows you to save any edits to the electronic article. This would be used if you wish to view another electronic article or exit the Electronic Delivery form before delivering an article that has been edited. There is no need to save edits to an electronic article before delivering it under normal circumstances. This would only be used if you wish to view another electronic article or exit the Electronic Delivery form before delivering an article that has been edited.
- The Save As button allows you to save a copy of the electronic article as a .pdf or .tif file to a location of your choice. The image is not modified by this action.
- The Print button allows you to print the document.