You will need to make some configurations in order for Article Exchange to work properly. Make sure you have obtained a WSKey and secret from OCLC. See Requesting a WSKey from OCLC for more information.
Article Exchange Trusted Sender
Similar to Odyssey trusted sender, you can specify how much manual review is required when another library sends you an Article Exchange document.
- In the ILLiad Customization Manager, navigate to System | Article Exchange | ArticleExchangeTrusted.
- Enter the value you want to use in the field, and click Save.
- Always allows all articles go directly to the patron without any staff review.
- Never means all articles must be reviewed by staff.
- Trusted allows only articles received from Trusted senders to bypass staff review.
If you have a shared server installation, these customizations will need to be made in the Customization Manager for each individual site (NVTGC).
Article Exchange Lending Emails
You can use a custom email to notify a Borrowing library that an Article Exchange document is ready for them to retrieve. This email exists by default and can be edited to fit your library's needs.
- In the ILLiad Customization Manager, click the Notification Templates tab.
- Click Edit, then select the Article Exchange Lending Notification from the list. The email template will appear.
- Make any changes to the template and click Save.
See Creating and Editing Email Templates for more editing information.
Email System IDs
If you want to send Article Exchange Lending emails to non-OCLC libraries, you need to specify the System IDs in the ILLiad Customization Manager.
- In the ILLiad Customization Manager, navigate to System | Article Exchange | ArticleExchangeLendingEmailSystemIDs.
- Enter any System IDs (other than OCLC) that you want to send emails to, separated by commas. Examples:
- Enter RAPID if you use Rapid
- Enter DOC if you use Docline
- Enter OTH for local or other types of requests
- Click Save.
If this key does not contain a specific System ID, Article Exchange Lending emails will not be sent for requests with that System ID. They will go to the status of Awaiting Article Exchange Notification.
If you have a shared server installation, any customizations will need to be made in the Customization Manager for each individual site (NVTGC).
Using Article Exchange when Odyssey Fails
For Odyssey articles, the Electronic Delivery Utility will first attempt to send articles through Odyssey. If Odyssey sending fails for any reason, you can use Article Exchange. To use Article Exchange as an alternate sending method, you must specify this in the ILLiad Customization Manager.
- Open the ILLiad Customization Manager and navigate to System | Article Exchange | SendArticleExchangeOnOdysseyFailure.
- Change the value to Yes.
- Click Save.