Blocking a user prohibits that user from submitting requests. Uncleared users can be blocked in the Users Waiting to be Cleared form. Both cleared and uncleared users can be blocked from within the User Information form. When a blocked user attempts to submit a request, a message appears notifying the user he or she has been blocked.
Blocking on the Users Waiting to be Cleared Form
Block uncleared individual users quickly on the Users Waiting to be Cleared form. This includes new user accounts and users whose status has been manually changed to Uncleared.
- Double-click the Waiting to be Cleared header in the Users Waiting to be Cleared group to access the Users Waiting to be Cleared form.
- Click the user that you wish to block in the Users To Be Cleared grid.
- Click the Block User button in the Clearing Options group of the Process ribbon.
- The user is blocked and removed from the grid.
When working with users on the Users Waiting to be Cleared form, you must select and modify each user individually. You cannot select multiple users in the grid.
Blocking a User on the User Information Form
You can block cleared and uncleared users from within the User Information form.
- If the user has a new account or has been manually modified to an uncleared status, double-click the user you want to block in the Users Waiting to be Cleared group to access the User Information form.
- If the user is currently cleared, perform a user search to open the User Information form.
- Click the Home tab to view the Access group housing the clearance icons.
- Click the Block User button.
- The Clearance Status changes to Blocked.
Unblocking a User
Once a user has been blocked, you can unblock them which allows the user to submit requests once again. Blocked users can only be unblocked from the User Information form; this is because the system interprets blocked users as being "cleared".
- To unblock a blocked user, simply click the Clear User or Unclear User icon in the Home ribbon of the User Information form.
- Unblocked, uncleared users can now be cleared in either the Users Waiting to be Cleared form or the User Information form.
Remember that you can also clear a user by right-clicking on a User in the Users Waiting to be Cleared group and selecting Clear User.