Items that are brought to the library and made available as hardcopy items follow a basic workflow process through the following queues:
- Item Submitted (This is a queue used for tracking purposes when the item request is first submitted but is not an actual workflow queue in the client.)
- Awaiting Supply by Instructor
- Item Available at Reserve Desk
Receiving and Processing the Request
When a faculty member submits a new item request and opts to bring the material to the library, the new request automatically appears in the Awaiting Supply by Instructor queue. Staff can route the request from this queue or double-click on a request to open the item form and work with the request there.
Delivering the Hardcopy Item
Once the item is delivered by the instructor, you want to make it available at the reserves desk.
- Click the Awaiting Supply by Instructor queue and open the Awaiting Supply by Instructor form.
- All items waiting for the instructor to bring the hardcopy to the library are presented in a grid.
- Route the item for delivery.
- Click the Route button and select Item Available at Reserve Desk.
- The item request moves automatically to Item Available at Reserves Desk.
Viewing the Delivered Item
Instructors can track the status of reserve items in the Reserves Items grid of the Course Details page in the web interface. Items processed as available will appear on the student's Reserves Items grid.
Copyright processing for an item can be done at any step of the fulfillment process.