There are two methods you can use to add a request to Rapid as a Book Chapter. Either of these settings will send the request to Rapid as a Book Chapter request.
- Set the Doc Type field on the Borrowing Request form to Book Chapter.
- Enter a valid ISBN in the ISxN field of the Borrowing Request form.
Note that if either of these settings is configured as above, the request will be sent as a Book Chapter request. Also, in order for Book Chapter requests to be sent to Rapid successfully, either a Book Chapter title in the Article Title field or page range in the Pages field must be supplied.
Rapid Book requests will work similarly to Book Chapter requests, except the RapidRequestType will be 'Book' and there will be no pages or Article Title required. Rapid currently will not support Received/Finished request statuses like in OCLC requests. Once the lending library has indicated the item is being delivered to the borrower, it is marked as Filled in Rapid.
How the Rapid Request Type is set when borrowing requests are sent via RAPID
In order of priority:
- If the ILLiad Document Type is set to "Book Chapter", the request will go out on Rapid as a Book Chapter Request.
- If the ISXN field is a valid ISBN and the ILLiad Request type is set to Article, the request will go out on Rapid as a Book Chapter request.
- If the ISXN field is a valid ISBN and the ILLiad Request type is set to a Loan, the request type will go out on Rapid as a Book request.
- If the ILLiad request type is a Loan, the Rapid request type will be set to Book. Otherwise, it will be an Article.