Cross-listing courses enables students to find courses using the alternative course information. Adding a cross-listing to a course places the additional department and course number information on the Course Details section of the course in the Ares web interface. This enables students to find courses using the alternative course information.
Locate the course using the Search Courses feature. Click on the desired course in the list of results to open the Course form. You can also access the Course form from within the User Form.
- Select the Cross Listings tab on the Course form.
- From the Cross Listings ribbon, select the New button from the Options group to create a new row for your cross listing.
- You can also simply click in the first row to create the cross listing.
- Add information for the Department, Course Number, Course Code, and Name fields.
- Click the Save icon to save the new record.
- The cross-listed course is added to the tab and to the course details section of the course in the web interface.
- Select the Cross Listings tab on the Edit Course form.
- Select the cross listing you want to delete from the list under the Cross Listings tab.
- Select multiple cross listings if you want to delete more than one listing.
- From the Cross Listings ribbon, select the Delete button from the Options group.
- A confirmation dialog asks you to confirm that you want to delete the cross-listing(s). Click Yes to delete.
- The cross-listed course is deleted from the tab and from the course details section of the course in the web interface.
Saving Pending Changes
When you close the Course form, Ares checks for pending changes to the Cross Listings tab (such as cross listings added from the web) and saves those changes to the form.