Items that are pulled from the reserves shelves and made available as hardcopy items follow a basic workflow process through the following queues:
- Item Submitted (This is a queue used for tracking purposes when the item is first submitted but is not an actual workflow queue in the client.)
- Awaiting Reserves Processing
- Awaiting Stacks Searching
- In Stacks Searching
- Item Available at Reserve Desk
Receiving and Processing the Request
When a faculty member submits a new item request and asks that the item is pulled from the shelves, the new request automatically appears in the Awaiting Reserves Processing queue.
- Open the item form for the item request.
- Double click on the request from within the Awaiting Reserves Processing queue.
- Click the Z39.50 tab to search your catalog.
- Perform a Z39.50 search, if necessary, to see if your reserves department owns the item and to locate the call number.
- Select the correct call number and close the search form.
- Move the item to Awaiting Stacks Searching.
- Click the Find on Shelves button.
- The item form closes and the request moves to Awaiting Stacks Searching.
- Print the pull slips.
- When you are ready to search for items, you can print pull slips for all items in Awaiting Stacks Searching without having to open the queue.
- From the Home form, open the Process ribbon and click Print Stacks Search Items.
- Printing the pull slip automatically moves the item to In Stacks Searching.
- You can now locate the item using the printed pull slip.
Delivering the Hardcopy Item
Once the item is located, you want to make it available at the reserves desk.
- Update the items found on your shelves.
- On the Home form, click the Process menu and select Update Stack Search Results.
- This opens the In Stacks Searching queue where you can process each item request individually.
- By default, this form shows all items in In Stacks Searching.
- Move the item to Item Available at Reserve Desk.
- Choose the requested item from the grid and click Item Available at Desk.
- The Item updates automatically to Item Available at Reserve Desk.
- Opening the In Stacks Searching queue allows you to route multiple items using the Route button.
- You can process the item from within the Item form by using the Make Available at Desk button.
- You can use the Item Available At Desk batch process option on the Home Process ribbon to quickly route the item if you know the transaction number or have the barcode.
Viewing the Delivered Item
Instructors can track the status of reserve items in the Reserves Items grid of the Course Details page in the web interface. Items processed as available will appear on the student's Reserves Items grid.