By default, blocking prohibits a user from submitting further requests in the ILLiad web interface. Additionally, in their User record in the ILLiad client, their cleared status will be changed to Blocked.
You can change the blocked message patrons see on the web pages in the ILLiad Customization Manager under
Web Interface | Status Lines | SLBlocked.
To block a user manually in the ILLiad client:
- Open the User record for the user you want to block.
- Click the Block button in the Cleared Status section.
- The user will be immediately blocked.
Outstanding requests are not cancelled when a user is blocked.
Allowing Blocked Web Access
You can allow blocked users to still be able to access the ILLiad web pages. They will be able to log in to their account, view their requests, and make changes to their user account. However, they will not be able to submit new requests.
- In the ILLiad Customization Manager, navigate to Web Interface | Authentication | AllowBlockedAccess.
- To allow blocked access, change the value to Yes.
- Click Save.
Starting with ILLiad 8.6, there are two types of blocks that a user can have on their account: a manual block or an overdue block. Overdue blocks are set automatically when overdues are run, and once a patron has returned any overdue items the block will be removed.
See Blocking on Overdues for more information.
You can see which kind of block a patron has on their account by opening their User record and hovering over the Blocked button with your mouse.