ILLiad customers who are experiencing issues after using the Google authentication and receiving script errors or a message indicating the browser are not secure, still need to switch to a non-Google authentication provider.
- For use outside of ILLiad and through regular browsers, It is recommended that you maintain your existing Google account with that email address for DOCLINE account access.
— or —
- For using DOCLINE within ILLiad, you should create a new external account for use with DOCLINE, using a non-Google authentication provider AND a different email address.
- Created a new external account.
- Request a new DOCLINE username from NLM via the support portal or by using the request an account button on the DOCLINE homepage.
- In the request include your new email address* and the LIBID your username should be linked to.
Alternate Authentication Providers
- If your institution uses InCommon and is listed in the Research Organization drop-down, you can use the Research Organization Login with your workplace/corporate network account.
— or —
- You can create an account with Login.gov and choose Login.gov from the Research Organization list.
Steps for Using Login.gov
Using the Login.gov option from the Research Organization list will require you to enter a few very specific inputs to work properly. Please closely follow the instructions below to use this option:
- From the Lending ribbon, click "Import Docline Requests."
- Allow the Docline webpage some time to load, then click the "Log In to DOCLINE" button on that page.
- Scroll down and click the "Research Organization" button.
- Once the webpage is loaded, begin typing "Login" in the search box, but do not type the entire word.
- As soon as you see "Login.gov" listed in the dropdown, use the arrow keys (do not use the mouse) to select "Login.gov."
- Press the Enter key when "Login.gov" is selected. The search box should fill with "Login.gov."
- Press the "Continue" button. You will be taken to the Login.gov login page.
- Input your Login.gov username (your email address) and password. You may also have a code texted to your phone to enter.
- Log in and use Docline as usual within the ILLiad client.