This section explains the look and layout of the Aeon web interface when the default Aeon web pages are used. See the section Aeon Default Web Pages for more information about the layout and design of the html files that comprise the default Aeon web pages. These pages can be customized to match your institution's website or requirements. A comprehensive list of the Action, Form and Type numbers used with the default Aeon web pages is also available; use this list to help you format new forms such as generic request and OpenURL form types.
The Main Menu Page
Users logging into an Aeon account using the default web pages land on the Main Menu page.
From here users can place requests, view and work with active, cancelled and finished requests and Activities, and approve photoduplication estimates and invoices.
The Main Menu opens to show the sidebar menu and a table containing Outstanding Requests.
This is the same table the user sees when clicking Outstanding Requests from the Requests menu as explained below in The Sidebar Menu.
The Sidebar Menu
You can create, view, edit, cancel and merge requests using the various menu options on the default sidebar.
Users create new requests by choosing the type of request they want to submit under The New Requests menu.
Each of the options opens a New Request form tailored to that specific request type.
Default New Request options:
Users can view and work with their requests by choosing from several menu options. Clicking on an option opens a table containing all requests in that category.
Default request options include:
- Review Requests All requests that a user opts to keep in a review status before submitting to processing are visible here.
Outstanding Requests All active requests are visible here. Requests are considered active and outstanding as long as the request is not at one of the following transaction or photoduplication statuses:
Transaction Status Photoduplication Status Cancelled by Staff Order Cancelled by Staff Cancelled by User Order Cancelled by User Awaiting Item Reshelving
Request Merged Order Finished Request Finished Imported from Legacy System
- Cancelled Requests All requests cancelled by either the user or staff.
- History Requests All requests processed as finished by staff.
- All Requests A complete list of requests, including those that were cancelled or processed as finished.
- View Notifications A list of the last 20 request-related emails generated by the client.
The Orders menu houses photoduplication requests, including those that need estimated costs or invoice approval.
- Order Estimates holds photoduplication cost estimates for user approval. These new photoduplication requests have been submitted for processing; the estimated costs must be approved by the user.
- Order Billing lists photoduplication requests that have been invoiced and billed to the user. The user has the option to approve the order and pay the invoice with a credit card. The request is sent here when the invoice is generated and the request is moved to Awaiting Order Approval status. When the invoice is approved and there is an upaid balance due, the status changes to Awaiting Order Billing. Requests at any status will display here if the invoice is awaiting approval or there is a balance is due for payment.
- Delivered Items holds all photoduplication items that have been processed for delivery. This includes PDF download files, as they can be accessed from the Delivered Items table.
The menu houses the Activities grid, which holds all Activities that are currently open and active in the Aeon client. Clicking on an Activity ID in the grid opens the Activity Information form that displays Activity details and a grid of all requests associated with the Activity.
Download links added to the Activities and Activity Information forms allow researchers to download an Excel document containing Activity, User and Request details associated with a particular Activity as well as a calendar that can be added to a user's own calendar and emailed / shared with other users. Deleted Activities do not display here.
Choosing either of the options here opens a form to change information.
- Change User Information: Allows a user to change personal information such as name, address and status.
- Change Password Allows a user to assign themselves a new Aeon account password.
On the right side of the Main Menu page is a box where staff can place announcements for researchers.