Features of the Lender Address Form:
- The Address Icon contains the print and exit commands.
- The Quick Access Toolbar houses the Save icon.
- The Feedback Icon provides a link to the feedback form.
- The Lender Address Ribbon displays all the buttons related to the Borrowing process.
- The Tab Bar displays the available processing tabs.
- The General Information group displays library name and contact information.
- The Billing Information group displays billing address, method, and amount of information.
- The Shipping Information group displays shipping address and method information.
- The Groups section displays any address groups the lender belongs to.
- The Notes section contains any user or staff notes.
The Address Icon
The Request Icon allows you to print or close the opened request.
- Print Address (or Ctrl + P) prints the address using the PrintAddress.doc template.
- Close closes the request.
The Quick Access Toolbar
The Quick Access Toolbar houses
- Refresh allows you to instantly update data on the form.
- Save will save any changes made on the form. Unsaved changes are highlighted in yellow.
The Feedback Icon
The Feedback icon, located on the right side of the ILLiad client, allows you to open the Feedback form from any page in the ILLiad client. ILLiad collects data about the issue from several tabs on the form. When you save the form, the data is transferred to a .zip file that you can easily email to support.
See Submitting Error Feedback for more information.
The Lender Address Ribbon
The form contains a content-sensitive ribbon that displays options relating to the address record.
|Change Password||Change the lending web password.|
|Add Request||Add a new lending request for this lender.|
|Policies Directory||Open the policies directory entry for this lender on the web.|
|Delete||Delete this address record.|
|Print Address||Print this address record.|
|Append Address||Addend this address record|
|Clear Print Queue||Clear the print queue.|
The Tab Bar
Much like the ILLiad main page, the Lender Address form contains a variety of tabs on the open tab bar, displaying different information and allowing staff to switch between active forms without opening multiple forms.
Displayed are the Lender Information tab and the Requests tab. The Requests tab will display a grid of all requests associated with the open address record.
Viewing Institution Records
Once a record is selected, the institution-specific information for that record is displayed in the Lender Address form, organized as follows.
To edit any of the below information, type in the appropriate fields, check or uncheck the appropriate checkboxes, or select the appropriate item from the dropdowns.
Click the Save icon in the upper lefthand corner after any changes. This will update the LenderAddresses Table to reflect the changes you have made.
The General Information section contains contact information for the institution, including the institution's symbol, usually an OCLC or Docline symbol. Included are:
|Symbol||The Library and/or OCLC symbol for the address.|
|Address Number||The address number for that specific address. Library symbols
can have multiple addresses associated with them.
|Library Blocked||If this box is checked, all requests that come from the specific
library symbol will be automatically cancelled.
|Library Name||The library name associated with the address.|
|Phone||The phone number associated with the address.|
|Fax||The fax number associated with the address.|
|Odyssey Address||The IP Address for Odyssey Electronic Delivery.|
Checking this box will disable the option to send items via
Checking this box will set this specific library symbol as a trusted
This only needs to be used if you have specified "Trusted" in the
|Override Trusted Sender||
Checking this box will override the trusted sender status for this
This only needs to be used if you have specified "Always" in the
|Borrowing Dept. Email||The Borrowing email address associated with the address.|
|Lending Dept. Email||The Lending email address associated with the address.|
Borrowing and Lending Email Addresses
The Lending module replaces the Lender Email Address (LenderAddresses.EmailAddress) with separate Borrowing Department Email and Lending Department Email addresses (LenderAddresses.BorrowingDeptEmail and LenderAddresses.LendingDeptEmail).
Both addresses display on the Lender Address form as well as other locations throughout ILLiad such as the Lending Request form (on the Library tab) and the Lender Selection form.
Updating the Borrowing Email Address
Copying the Email field on the Lender Selection form (clicking on the Email address copy icon) updates the Borrowing Department Email address throughout ILLiad. The Lending Department Email address must be manually added in the client.
Emailing in Lending
When emailing a borrowing library from the Lending module, for example when you are cancelling or recalling a request, the Borrowing Department Email address on file is used as the "To" address in the email.
This is also the case when emailing overdue notices; you can look at the grids in the Overdues form and see that the BorrowingDeptEmail field displays there.
ILLiad email templates include both Borrowing Department Email and Lending Department Email address tags (<#BorrowingDeptEmail> and <#LendingDeptEmail>) to pull addresses from those fields in the database.
For backward compatibility, the <#EmailAddress> tag (EmailAddress field) is also included in the lending email templates. This field reflects the same email address as the Borrowing Department Email (BorrowingDeptEmail) field.
Printing in Lending
The Lending print templates for printing lending requests also include the Borrowing Department Email and Lending Department Email address tags (<#BorrowingDeptEmail> and <#LendingDeptEmail>).
If you view the excel (.xls) PrintQueue spreadsheet for the Lending Overdues print template, you will see columns for the LenderAddresses.BorrowingDeptEmail and LenderAddresses.LendingDeptEmail there.
For backward compatibility, the EmailAddress tag (EmailAddress field) remains in the print templates. This field reflects the same email address as the Borrowing Department Email (BorrowingDeptEmail) field.
The Email Addresses and the Web Pages
The Borrowing Department Email address is displayed and collected on the Registration and Change Address pages of the default Lending web pages.
The Lending Department Email address can also be displayed on the Lending web pages however, it is not included by default.
The Shipping Information section contains address information for shipping purposes, a checkbox that designates whether or not Priority Shipping methods, such as FedEx or UPS, should be used to ship items to this institution for the chosen address, and Default Shipping Loan and Default Shipping Article fields.
The Default Shipping Loan and Default Shipping Article Fields
You can set specific shipping preferences separately for libraries based on their symbol and address number.
When the default shipping options are specified, the Shipping Option field on the Request form for requests imported from OCLC, RAPID, Docline, ISO, and Lending web pages will be populated with the appropriate default shipping option.
The Billing Information section contains billing-specific information about the institution, including instructions as to how items for this institution should be billed, if at all.
- Billing Category designates the Billing category to which this institution belongs. Additional Billing Categories may be set up through the Customization Manager. See the chapter entitled Billing in the Implementation Guide for further details.
- Billing Address specifies address information to be used for Billing purposes if this differs from the Shipping address information.
- Copy Charge, Loan Charge, and Billing Methods are essential notes fields that hold billing information you may wish to enter. The values entered into these fields are not used by the system in any way.
- Copyright Payer checkbox allows you to designate an institution as a Copyright Payer. When you receive a request from a designated Copyright Payer institution, the transaction is marked as Copyright Already Paid. Such requests are then filtered out of any copyright reports or queries.
- Override IFM checkbox allows you to override IFM for a specific institution only. This allows you to invoice that institution to request payment instead of using IFM if you should need to do so.
- Docline EFTS checkbox allows you to designate an institution as a Docline EFTS user if you choose to implement this method of Billing.
The Groups section lets you know if the Lender has been assigned to any Library Groups.
The Library Notes section becomes active once you have saved the new Lender Address form. It contains any additional information about the institution in text format.
You can add multiple notes to the Notes field in the Lender Address form. Date and Username of the note creator are logged with the Note.
To add a note, right-click and choose Add Note or double-click in the Notes grid.
Delete a note by right-clicking and selecting Delete Note or selecting the note and clicking your Delete key. A confirmation popup asks if you are sure you want to delete the Note.
Library Notes are visible from, and can also be created on, the Notes tab of the Lender Selection form. The number on the tab indicates how many notes are associated with the Lender Address selected from the grid.
Library notes are stored in the LibraryNotes table in the database as LastLibraryNotes.
The last library note field, LastLibraryNote, displays in the PrintQueue of printed Lending requests as LastLibraryNote and in the LegacyQueue as LastLibrar.
The ISO Information Section
For Institutions using the ISO ILL protocol to send/receive requests, an additional section, titled ISO Information, appears in the Lender Address form.
On systems for which ISO ILL functionality is not enabled, this section will not display.
ISO ILL Options in this section include:
- ISO Enabled: Allows you to enable/disable communication to the selected symbol via ISO ILL.
- ISO Type: Radio buttons for TCP/IP and SMTP allow you to specify the method of ISO ILL communication to the selected symbol. This method option may vary from site to site if you wish.
- IP Address: Allows you to specify the IP address to use to communicate with the selected symbol on port 1611 for ISO communication purposes. This value is required if the TCP/IP radio button is selected.
- EMail Address: Allows you to specify the email address to use for the selected symbol for ISO communication purposes. This value is required if the SMTP radio button is selected.
- Requester Override: Allows you to specify an alias symbol for ISO ILL purposes. This would allow your institution to appear to the selected institution symbol as the Requestor ID Override value symbol rather than as your specified ISOSystemID value. This is typically used by RLG institutions to simplify the RLG symbol for those institutions not familiar with it.
- Automatically Update Shipping Address: Allows you to have the system automatically update the shipping address for the specified symbol as new ISO ILL requests come in from that symbol via ISO ILL. Leaving this unchecked will instruct the system to retain the current shipping address information regardless of what information is sent via ISO ILL.
- Loan Priority
- Article Priority