In order to process Billing for your document delivery requests, Billing for Document Delivery Requests must be turned on in the Customization Manager. If Billing is turned off, the Add Billing Charges Form will not appear.
- After updating an item using Mark Item as Found, if you have billing turned on for Document Delivery, you may see the Add Billing Charges form.
- The Add Billing Charges form will not display for any customers that you may have designated as Exempt from Billing.
- Default information set on your ILLiad Server determines what default fees and additional fees display on the form.
- Look over the charges and make any changes necessary before hitting either the Charge or Recalculate in the Billing ribbon.
- The Add Billing Charges Form now has a dropdown to correct or choose a billing account for Borrowing and Document Delivery. Staff cannot add charges without a billing account.
You may exempt borrowers from billing on the User Form by selecting the Exempt option in the Billing Category field.
Pull up the User form by using the Search Ribbon on the home page to search the user, or clicking the View User icon in the User group of the Document Delivery Processing ribbon on the Request Form.
To Provide the Item Without Charge
If you decide not to charge for the transaction, click on the Cancel button. You will be prompted to verify that this is indeed what you want to do. Click the Yes button to continue. The transaction will then move to a status of Awaiting Doc Del Customer Contact.