Before you are able to use text notifications with ILLiad, you will need to set up the Twilio Addon. This also requires a Twilio subscription.
Setting up a Twilio Account
YOU MUST HAVE A TWILIO ACCOUNT in order to use text notifications with ILLiad. Twilio is a separate company not associated with Atlas Systems and has a separate cost. See https://www.twilio.com/sms/pricing for current pricing.
To set up a Twilio account, you will need to go to https://www.twilio.com/, sign up and create an account, and select a paid plan. Once you have an account you will be able to set up text notifications with ILLiad. If you have questions about Twilio or need assistance, please contact Twilio.
- Home Page: https://www.twilio.com/
- Sales: https://www.twilio.com/help/sales
- Documentation: https://www.twilio.com/api
The following directions are provided as a courtesy to our customers. Twilio may have changed the registration process without our notice.
If you have problems setting up your Twilio account, please contact them directly.
If you want to test Twilio SMS and create a trial account before purchasing a paid plan, use the following steps:
- Go to https://www.twilio.com/try-twilio.
- Fill out your information to create an account.
- For "Which product do you plan to use?" select: SMS.
- For "What are you building?" select: Other types of SMS Alerts
- For "Choose your language" select: I'm not a Developer.
- After sign-up, click Show API in the top right corner to see the SID and AuthToken.
- Initiate your Twilio phone number with text messaging capability.
Note: The phone number you use to verify your Twilio trial account setup is the phone number you should use in testing. Other "unverified" phone numbers will fail in testing.
You will need to enter a valid credit card number to initiate a trial.
Download and Install the Twilio Addon
Once you have a Twilio account, you'll need to download and configure the Twilio Addon before you can start sending text messages.
Download the Twilio Addon here: ILLiad Twilio SMS Addon
- Navigate to the ILLiad Addons space to the ILLiad Twilio SMS Addon page.
- Click the link to download the .zip file. Extract the files from the .zip folder.
- Install the folder in an accessible location.
- Click the New button in the Server Addons ribbon of the ILLiad Customization Manager.
- A dialog window will open with a prompt to select a file to upload. Navigate to the Addon .zip folder and upload by clicking on the Open button.
- The Addon will be inactive by default. Activate the Addon with the Yes option in the lower left window.
- Fill in your values for AccountSID, AuthToken, FromNumber in the appropriate fields in the editing window on the lower half of the screen.
- For shared server installations, add the site codes (NVTGC) that will be using the text messaging service.
- Additional information about installing and configuring ILLiad server addons.
For the phone number, no dashes are needed.
Additional Text Messaging Configuration Steps
You will also need to complete the configuration on the following pages: