In order for you to send emails other than the default ILLiad emails, you can use Email Routing. You will need to create an email template and an Email Routing rule.
Create the Template
To create a new email template:
- In the ILLiad Customization Manager, click the Notification Templates tab.
- Click New.
- Fill in the needed fields.
- Fill in the body text of the email.
- Click Save.
To pull in information specific to the request, you can use tags. These need to be formatted as <#TableName.FieldName>. You can easily add these tags by right-clicking anywhere on the template to see a drop-down menu with all available fields.
While the template forms include options to add values for From Name,From Address, To Name, To Address, CC Address, BCC Address and Subject, these entries will be overwritten by any entry in the Email Routing Rule. We recommend adding these values in the Email Routing Rule rather than in the template.
Add to Email Routing Rule
Once you have created an email template, you can create an Email Routing rule or associate an existing Email Routing rule with your template.
- In the ILLiad Customization Manager, navigate to System | EMail | EMailRouting.
- If needed, add a new email routing rule.
- To associate your template with a routing rule, double-click on the routing rule.
- In the LoanTemplate and ArticleTemplate fields, type the name of your email template exactly as you named it.
You can also choose to have separate email templates for loans and articles.
- Click Save.