You can cancel requests for a variety of reasons that you configure in the Aeon Customization Manager.
Cancelling A Request
To cancel a request in Aeon, first, open the request via the Request list or a search.
- Click the Cancel button in the Cancellation group on the Home ribbon. A Reason for Cancellation Dropdown appears.
- In the drop-down, select your Reason for Cancellation.
- Selecting the reason for cancellation may prompt a default note in the lower text field. You can edit this note if you would like.
- You can choose to send an email to the User by checking the Send E-Mail button. You can review this email in the system by selecting Edit E-mail.
- Click Cancel Request.
- The Transaction Status changes to Cancelled by Staff.
If you cancel a photoduplication request and need to issue a refund, you can do that on the request's Billing form.
Editing the Cancellation Email
If you click the Edit Email option and proceed to cancel the request, this option will be saved on the local computer for the logged in Windows username. It will remain selected after closing and reopening the Client.
You can choose to send an email notifying the user of the cancellation. You can also edit the email before sending if you desire.
- Check Send Email to send a notification email to the user.
- Check Edit E-Mail to view and edit the email before sending it.
- If you choose to edit the email, the email form will be displayed when you click Cancel Request.
- After editing the email, click the Send E-mail button to send the email and continue the cancellation.