Aeon allows you to upload and store photoduplication permissions agreements signed by users for viewing directly from the Request form. When you receive permissions agreements for your photoduplication requests, you can upload a PDF (or another file format) of the document to your server using the Add Attachment button on the Request form.
When you click the Add Attachment button the document is automatically uploaded to the Files table of your database where it is stored for viewing. A History entry is added to the History tab of the Request form. Only one document can be attached per item. Uploading a new document overrides any current document stored for that request. A dialog box will warn you of this if you attempt to upload a second document to a request. Once the PDF document is uploaded you can view it using the View Attachment button on the Request form.
Adding and Viewing Permissions Agreements
To add and view a permissions document:
- Click the Add Attachment button on the Home ribbon of the Request form.
- Choose the file from the location you have chosen to store permissions documents for uploading and select Open.
- To view the permissions document, click the View Attachment button to open the file.
The PDF document type is the default document type for this feature. Note that when you upload the file the PDF file type will appear in the Open dialog box. To locate other types of files, change the PDF files prompt to the desired file type.
Database Tables Associated with Permissions Agreements
There are three database tables associated with stored attachments:
- FileInformation: This table tracks details and unique FileIDs for files in the Aeon system (anything that needs to be accessible by all clients/DLLs/components, etc). Only the ID and Modified Datetime are required.
- TransactionAttachments:This table links transaction numbers with the unique file ID of the attachment. This is currently a 1-to-1 relationship in the client but that is not a constraint of this table.
- Files:This table holds the contents of the attached documents.