These customizations require the updated versions of the cookie consent banner files first released in the ILLiad 9.2 default web pages on August 30th, 2022. For information on updating your existing web pages to use the new cookie consent banner files, see the implementing web page release changes documentation.
The illiad.css file should also be updated with the changes made in the June 14th, 2023, ILLiad 9.2 default web pages release to ensure that the default color of the custom hyperlink meets accessibility requirements. For more information on making the CSS changes, see the implementing web page release changes documentation.
Adding the Custom Hyperlink
Follow the steps below to locate and edit the atlasCookieConstent.js files in both the Borrowing and Lending web directories to include your custom hyperlink:
- To update the Borrowing web pages, navigate to the js folder in the ILLiad web directory on the ILLiad server (default location: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\illiad\js or in GitHub)
- Locate atlasCookieConsent.js and open the file in a text editing application such as Notepad++ or directly in the GitHub editor
Edit the "description" property on line 18 of atlasCookieConsent.js to add an anchor element containing the hyperlink as shown below:
description: '<a href="[URL]">[Text to display for the link]</a>',
description: '<a href="https://www.atlas-sys.com/">Learn more</a>',
- [Optional] Add modifications to open the link in a new tab and/or to add font weight to the link text according to the instructions in the Optional Modifications section below
- Save and close the atlasCookieConsent.js file
- The changes are now live on the Borrowing web pages. Review and test your changes in a web browser to confirm that everything looks and works as expected
- To update the Lending web pages, navigate to the Lending folder in the ILLiad web directory on the ILLiad server (default location: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\illiad\Lending or in GitHub)
- Navigate to the js folder within the Lending folder on the ILLiad server (default location: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\illiad\Lending\js or in GitHub)
- Repeat steps 2-6 to update the cookie consent banner used on the Lending web pages
Several formatting options are available for the hyperlink that can be added within the anchor element (<a>) after the href attribute containing the URL (see examples below). These are optional modifications that can be added if preferred but are not necessary.
Open Hyperlink in New Tab
To have the hyperlink open in a new tab when clicked, the following two attributes should be added to the code for the anchor element (<a>):
target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener"
description: '<a href="https://www.atlas-sys.com/" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener">Learn more</a>',
Add Weight to Hyperlink Font
To add additional weight to the font used for the hyperlink, the following attribute should be added to the code for the anchor element (<a>):
description: '<a href="https://www.atlas-sys.com/" class="cc-link">Learn more</a>',
Without added font weight, the link will display as shown below using the default styling options in the illiad.css stylesheet:
When additional font weight is added, the link will display with a slightly more vibrant appearance using the default styling options in the illiad.css stylesheet: