As of Ares version 4.7, a new Bulk Edit Items button has been added to the Client.
The new button is accessible on the Client Ribbon in Search Item Results, Custom Item Search, and Request Queues.
In the example below, an instructor cloned the same item record for multiple courses which contained an error in the Author field. As you can see on the image below, the instructor forgot to add the author's first name to the citation information. Instead of opening each individual record to edit the Author field, please follow the steps below.
- To utilize this tool, open the Ares Client
- Click the Search icon () to open Search Item Results
- On the ribbon, click the Bulk Edit Items icon ()
- Highlight all the items you wish to change (e.g. Computer Basics Absolute Beginner's Guide)
- Note: you may have to reorganize by the headers to gather the similar items together
- Select the field you wish to change (e.g. Author, ESP Number, PubDate, etc.)
- Type the change you wish to make in the New Value field (e.g., Michael Myers)
- Click Save