You can use Email Routing to simultaneously send an email about an Item and route the Item to a specified default status queue. You can create an unlimited number of custom email routing templates and rules to meet whatever your institution's needs may be. Once created, these options are accessible using the Email button on the Item form.
In order to use this feature, you first need to set up routing rules in the Customization Manager. See Adding Email Routing Rules for more information.
- From the Item form, click on the Email button.
- Choose the email you want to send from the drop-down list. Note that the name of the Email Routing rule is displayed, not the email template name.
- The email template will appear. Edit the text if needed.
- To route, the request to the status specified in the Email Routing rule, click the Change Status on Send button.
- Click Send to send the email.