Custom Searches allows you to narrow and conditionalize your search using search queries. You can also preview your query, save and load your search queries, open and route requests, route requests using email routing, and export results to an Excel spreadsheet or other types of documents. To use custom searching, click the Custom Request Search arrow to the right of each search box.
- To open custom searching, click on the small arrow under the Search button and select Custom Request Search.
- Add conditions, filters, and groups to create a search query.
- To see the SQL syntax of the query, click Preview.
- Click Search to run the custom search and view results in the grid below.
For a more in-depth explanation on creating custom search queries, see Custom Searching.
Working With Custom Request Search Results
The data returned from the search displays in a grid below. The grid columns can be reordered to your preference by clicking and dragging the column headings to the appropriate positions. Column width can be adjusted by clicking and dragging the lines that separate the columns.
- Preview: Click Preview to display the SQL syntax of your query without actually searching against the database. The code is read-only and cannot be edited. For Shared Server sites, the results will automatically be restricted to the requests and users associated with the site to which ILLiad is currently logged into.
- Clear: Click Clear to clear all search information from your custom search. This will remove all conditions, groups, values, SQL query code, and search results.
- Save: Click Save to save the conditions, descriptions, and the format of the results from your custom searches. The search will be saved as an .irrp file and can be opened later for reuse or to be shared with other ILLiad libraries. Local custom searches default to a Searches folder that lives under the currently logged in user's My Documents folder (My Documents\ILLiad\Searches). You can also configure these files to save by default to another location (such as a newtwork folder) by setting the SharedCustomSearchesPath customization key, located in the Customization Manager at System | General.
- Load: Click Load to open any existing .irrp files (the file format custom searches are saved in).
- Search Description: You can use this area to name/describe your custom searches. This will be saved along with all other information for the custom search when you use the Save button.
- Open: Click Open (or double-click the request in the list) to view, edit or work with an individual request.
- Route: Click Route to move one or more requests to a different status. See Routing Requests to Other Queues for more information.
- Send Email: Click Send E-mail to use Email Routing options. See Email Routing for more information.
- Export: Click Export to export one or more search results to Excel, PDF, HTML or Text format.