Default Searches are performed using the Search Requests, Search Users, and Search Addresses sections on the ILLiad main screen. Search by entering data into the search boxes. To view which database fields are being searched by hovering over the search boxes. You can expand or narrow the scope of a search by using multiple search criteria. Results for searches will appear in separate tabs on the Main form so you can easily flip between results without opening several forms.
ILLiad searches are Unicode compatible and will accept and display CJK, Hebrew, Arabic and other non-Western character sets as well as Extended Latin.
- Enter your search criteria into one or more search boxes.
- Narrow your search results by changing the search type or using the module/status icons to the right of the search boxes.
- Click the Search button or hit enter on your keyboard to conduct your search.
- Search results display in a grid under on a Search Results tab. If there is only one result, the Request form will automatically open for that result.
- You can clear the search boxes by clicking the arrow on the Search button and selecting Clear. This will clear all text, search results, limits, and statuses, but will not affect any modules selected.
Working with Search Results
The results of the search are displayed in a grid titled Search Results. From the results, you can perform several functions.
- Open: Click Open (or double-click the request in the list) to view, edit or work with an individual request.
- Cancel: Click Cancel to cancel an individual request. See Cancelling Borrowing Requests for more information.
- Route: Click Route to move one or more requests to a different status. See Routing Requests to Other Queues for more information.
- Route to Document Delivery: Click Route to Document Delivery to move Borrowing requests to Awaiting Document Delivery Processing. Click the arrow on the button to select a specific Doc Del queue to route to.
- Send E-mail: Click Send E-mail to use Email Routing options. See Email Routing for more information.
- Export: Click Export to export the complete grid of search results to Excel, PDF, HTML or Text format.
- Print: Click Print to print the selected requests. Click the arrow on the button to choose more print options.
- Merge Lenders: Click Merge Lenders to merge two or more selected address records.
- Delete: Click Delete to delete one or more selected address records.