This article contains an overview of the basic configurable print settings and options in the ILLiad Client.
ILLiad Printer Settings
The first time you print using a Word template, ILLiad will display the Printer Settings form to confirm your future printing options for that template. You can specify:
- If you want to view the merged document before it is printed.
- The default printer you want to use for the template.
- Whether you want to view the Printer Settings form each time you print using the template.
- Whether you want to specify a sort order or filter string for the document you are printing.
If you chose not to view the merged document it will print automatically when you click the Print button. You can also access and change these print configurations for your documents within the ILLiad Client at a later time
Changing Your Print Settings
You can view and change future template printing options manually on the Print Configurations form.
- Click the Main Menu Icon ( ) and choose Printer Setup. The Print Configurations window opens.
- Change the Printer, Edit, and Prompt settings and click the Save icon.
- If Edit is unchecked, the word template will not open for viewing and editing.
- If Prompt is unchecked, the Printer Settings form will not display when you print.
- These settings are stored on the local machine and not in your staff user profile, because the printers available on each workstation may be different.
- The saved settings are now your default settings for printing your documents.
For more information on filtering and sorting documents, see Sorting and Filtering Print Documents.
Viewing Print Documents in the Client
If you select to view the document before printing, the Word template will open when you click Print on the ILLiad dialog box. You can then view and edit the document specific to your print job, and make any needed changes. Print the document using the Word print commands.
Enabling Legacy Mail Merge Functionality
ILLiad Client v9.1.6/9.2.3 introduced a new default mail merge method to resolve printing errors caused by an issue found in recent Microsoft Word updates. The legacy mail merge method can be re-enabled via the ILLiad Client Options form for troubleshooting purposes if printing errors are encountered when using the new default mail merge method:
- Click on the Main Menu Icon() at the top of the ILLiad Client window
Click the Options button:
- The ILLiad Options window opens
Under Print Settings, check the Use Legacy Mail Merge Method option:
- Click OK to close the Options form
- Re-attempt to print your document(s) from the ILLiad Client
- If printing errors are still not resolved, contact firstname.lastname@example.org