Choosing Shipping Addresses
For each transaction, check that the shipping address in the Library tab of the Request form is the same as the address selected from the Lender Selection form. Libraries (particularly OCLC institutions) may have multiple addresses associated with the same symbol. Be sure that the correct address is selected for shipping and accountability.
- To choose an address, double click on the number next to desired address (i.e. #2) in the Lender Selection form and that address will show appear in the address box.
- An address must be selected for each request before finishing searching.
- For institutions with only one address option, ILLiad will select that address automatically. For multiple address institutions, you will have to select an address as a part of standard Lending request processing.
Adding an Address
If the Lender symbol of the institution is not in the ILLiad database, the Lender Selection form will open when you attempt to open the request. You will need to add an address, then select the address to associate it with the request.
- When the Lender Selection form opens, it will attempt to use the information from the Request section (imported from the request) to populate the fields in the Address section.
- In the Address section, check this information and make any needed edits.
- If the information does not copy, you can click the Copy icon next to the address and it will be copied to the Address section.
- Once the address is correct, click Add.
- To associate the new address with the request, click Select.
If you wish to assign an institution to a statistical Group, you may do so on the Lender Selection form. The Groups pane in the middle of the right-hand side of the form displays all of the Groups you have created. To assign a group to the Borrowing institution for this transaction:
- Click the checkbox next to the Group to which you wish to make the institution a member.
- Click the Update icon to save the change.
Default Shipping Method
You can set the default shipping options separately for libraries based on their symbol and address number. On the Lender Selection form of the request you are processing, select the option in the Default Shipping Loan and Default Shipping Article fields.
- Click Update to save the record and select Process to continue processing the request.
- The Lender Address form will now display the Default Shipping options in the Shipping Information pane.
You can see this by clicking View Lender on the Lending Processing ribbon of the Lending Request form.