For Shared Server ILLiad Systems, the Customization Manager uses the same logon.dbc that is used by the ILLiad Client to determine the NVTGC site to which the staff user may log on.
The Customization Manager will only allow you to see information pertaining to the site specified in User Permissions in the ILLiad Staff Manager. Information for other NVTGC sites will not display here unless the information is contained in a shared table (e.g. Routing). These shared tables are accessed only after acknowledging a warning message that explains the shared nature of the table.
Assigning Site Specific Permissions
The ILLiad Staff Manager allows you to limit staff member access to the Customization Manager keys for one site on the shared server.
- Log into the Staff Manager.
- Create or navigate to the Staff member's record.
- Select the site to allow access from the Site drop-down.
- Save the Record.
While Information for other NVTGC sites will not display for a user limited to a particular site, some tables are shared by all sites (e.g. Routing) and can be edited by anyone with access to the Customization Manager. A warning message will prompt when attempting to edit these tables.
Editing Keys with Access to All Sites
If a staff user with the ALL value in the Sites field of the User record in the Staff Manager will have access all sites in the Client and in the Customization Manager. To edit keys for a particular site, select the Site from the NVTGC dropdown option on the Home ribbon.
You can edit the keys for multiple sites at the same time on the All Sites tab available when the editing window for a particular key is open.
- Edit the value in the key in the top of the record.
- Click the All Sites tab in the lower right window.
- Select the Sites which should receive the new setting by checking the box in the Selected column.
- Click Click here to copy above value to all selected sites button.
- Click the Save button in the Home ribbon to save the new setting.
Some tables are shared by all sites (e.g. Routing) and can be edited by anyone with access to the Customization Manager. A warning message will prompt when attempting to edit these tables.