Atlas provides a hosted server solution for Ares. When your server is hosted, setup files are also hosted at Atlas and Atlas will take care of all backups and updates for you.
Server Setup and Maintenance
Server Setup and Monitoring
The hosted server consists of a Web Server and an SQL Server.
- The servers are configured to run only required services.
- The Web Server and SQL Server times are synchronized with a central server.
- Automated monitors are set up to notify Atlas staff by email and phone when services are down or the hard drive is nearing capacity. On-call staff responds to any notifications outside of normal business hours.
- The SQL Database is backed up to a local file on a regular basis.
- Backups are run nightly on the SQL Database, configuration files, and web pages (including pdf files). Files are backed up to a RAID and tape library. Tapes are stored off-site.
- Windows Updates are installed on a regular basis (as needed).
All Atlas hosted servers are located in a bunker-style facility operated by a commercial internet service provider.
- All servers have a direct connection to the ISP’s internet backbone.
- Physical access to Atlas hosted servers is limited to Atlas support staff.
- A security code is required to gain access to the parking lot.
- A security pass and biometric fingerprint are required to gain access to the building.
- A key is required to gain access to the server rack.
- A log is kept of each visit.
- Emergency generators maintain power in the event of a power outage.
In order to allow access to your hosted server and its various components, the following ports are required to be open on your site’s firewall:
- 1433 TCP outbound to your hosted SQL Server.
- 389 for LDAP or 636 for LDAP SSL (optional) between your hosted Web Server and your LDAP server.
- 4500 for Innopac PatronAPI (optional) between your hosted Web Server and your Innopac PatronAPI server.
- If you plan on using Z39.50 to search your local OPAC, you will need to verify that the workstations on which you will be running Atlas client software have access to the Z39.50 server over that port. This port differs from OPAC to OPAC so you will need to check the value.
All hosted servers are located behind a firewall, which is configured to allow access only through the necessary ports.
- SQL and FTP ports are restricted by IP address.
- Anti-virus software definitions are updated regularly.
- Remote access to the server is restricted to Atlas support staff, each of whom has a unique username and password.
Product Web Interface Security
- SSL is used to securely transfer confidential user information to the Web Server.
- Anonymous FTP access is disabled. If you need access to your Web Server via FTP/SFTP, we will create a unique username and password.
You have access your hosted server via the following protocols:
- FTP access to upload web page modifications.
- FTPS access can be set up to upload sensitive data.
- HTML access via the product web interface to view and use the product.
- SQL access via the product client applications. Upon request, Atlas can configure an ODBC connection with a read-only login so that you can use external applications like Microsoft Access to retrieve and manipulate data.
Contact Atlas Systems at 1-800-567-7401 x1 or email@example.com if you have questions or are having trouble with your hosted server.
Service hours are Monday through Friday 8am-5pm eastern time, excluding Federal holidays.
Please contact Atlas if you:
- Have questions about using the software.
- Have questions about modifying the web pages.
- Are ready to 'Go Live' with your product implementation (please give us at least 48 hours notice).
- Would like to schedule an upgrade (please give us at least 48 hours notice).
- Are experiencing critical problems, like if you can’t open the client or you can’t access your product web interface via the web. For such emergencies, you will be given instructions on how to contact on-call Atlas support staff for service outside of normal business hours.