In order to use any of the ILLiad applications, you must setup a logon profile using the SQL Alias Manager.
- Click the New button on the File section near the top of the SQL Alias Manager. A menu will appear.
Click ILLiad to create a new profile for ILLiad.
- In the middle Database Connection column, fill in your ILLiad Server name.
- Fill in your ILLiad Database name. The default is ILLData.
- Leave the Connect Timout, Username and Password fields blank. These will be populated with the default values when the profile is saved.
- If your SQL server supports SSL, you can check the Secure box. This will encrypt the connection to the SQL server.
- Click Save to save the profile alias. Atlas recommends saving the file as logon.dbc in the same location as your ILLiad client files (default is C:\Program Files (x86)\ILLiad\logon.dbc).
- After saving the alias, click the Set Default button to set that alias as the default alias to use on the server.
Creating Shared Server Logon Accounts
If you have a shared server setup and want to be able to logon to multiple ILLiad sites on your workstation, you will need to add Logon Accounts for each shared server site.
- Click New on the Accounts section near the top of the SQL Alias Manager.
- In the Username field, type in one of your shared server site codes.
- In the Password field, type in the password.
- Optional: type a description of the account in the Description field.
- Click Save in the Account section.