The "View Item" links on the UCourseInfo.html and ICourseInfo.html web pages can be configured to open in a new tab by making a few simple changes to the Ares web pages. To implement this change, please download the attached zip file and follow the steps below.
The following changes must be made in both the default web page directory and the LMS web page directory. Please use copy/paste to move any new files into the web directory folders to ensure that your permissions are copied over to the new file.
Web Page Changes
- Download the attached zip file containing the new pages you'll need to add.
- Right-click on the downloaded zip file and extract the files to your computer.
- Open file explorer and navigate to the Ares web directory (default location: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ares).
- Copy "include_ViewItemInNewWindow.html" from the extracted files and paste it into the base folder for each of your existing Ares web page directories (LMSWebPages/WebPages).
- Navigate to the LMSWebPages/WebPages > js folder
- Copy "aresRowClick.js" from the extracted files and paste it into the js folder to overwrite the existing file.
To easily reverse the changes in the future, you can keep a copy of the old file by first renaming it "aresRowClick.js.OLD" before copying and pasting the new file into the folder.
- Navigate back to the base LMSWebPages/WebPages folder.
- Add the following code to the pages listed below in each of your Ares web page directories (LMSWebPages/WebPages):
Add this directly below the <head> tag (default line 3):
<!--Added this to make the View Item link open items in a new window
so that they'll open whether HTTPS or HTTP links,
even when viewing via the CMS -->
To these pages:
Please perform a hard refresh of your web page to ensure that your browser is using the newest aresRowClick.js file before testing the changes.