The "View Item" links on the UCourseInfo.html and ICourseInfo.html web pages can be configured to open in a new tab by making a few simple changes to the Ares web pages. To implement this change, please download the attached zip file and follow the steps below.
Web Page Changes
- Download the attached zip file containing the new pages you'll need to add.
- Right-click on the downloaded zip file and extract the files to your computer.
- Open file explorer and navigate to the Ares web directory (default location: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ares).
- Copy "include_ViewItemInNewWindow.html" from the extracted files and paste it into the base folder for each of your existing Ares web page directories (LMSWebPages/WebPages).
- Navigate to the LMSWebPages/WebPages > js folder
- Copy "aresRowClick.js" from the extracted files and paste it into the js folder to overwrite the existing file.
- Navigate back to the base LMSWebPages/WebPages folder.
- Add the following code to the pages listed below in each of your Ares web page directories (LMSWebPages/WebPages):
Add this directly below the <head> tag (default line 3):
<!--Added this to make the View Item link open items in a new window
so that they'll open whether HTTPS or HTTP links,
even when viewing via the CMS -->
To these pages: