The default photoduplication request web pages (PhotoduplicationRequest.html and EditPhotoduplicationRequest.html) contain drop-down fields for Inclusive Pages, Page Count, Format, Shipping, Billing Category, Service Level and For Publication. These fields are added to the form by the use of an include file, include_photoduplication.html. This file contains the input fields for ItemPages, PageCount, Format, ShippingOption, ServiceLevel, and ForPublication and is included on the forms by the use of a new conditional tag that has the type="photoduplication". The filename parameter is still valid for this include tag so different request forms can have different contents included. The include_photoduplication file is also included on the Edit[DocType].html form. The user chooses the copy format and how they would like the item sent to them, and this information is added to the Billing form of the request in the Aeon client.
You configure these billing details (Format, Shipping and Service Level) and corresponding drop-down entries and costs in the BillingDefaults table in the Customization Manager. In order to populate these fields on the web pages and produce and process billing charges and generate an invoice in the client, values for the photoduplication billing options must be added to the BillingDefaults table. You can also add default payments methods to your client Billing form by entering them into the CustomDropDown table.
Currency values in the client and the web will display as set in the Windows User settings (Control Panel | Clock, Language, and Region | Region | Additional Settings) on the local computer.
The BillingDefaults Table
The BillingDefaults table is located in the Aeon Customization Manager under the Billing Defaults ribbon.
|Billing Category||The billing category. The Default and Exempt categories are
default in Aeon, and you can also add any custom billing categories.
The Aeon default entries are Format, Service Level and Shipping
|Billing Type||This field depends on the photoduplication formats and services that
you offer. There are no default fields as the entries depend upon your
|Base Fee||The amount you would charge for the format, service or shipping
|Unit Fee||A per page or item fee based on quantity.|
|Tax Rate||The current tax rate charged by your institution.|
|Is Unit Page Count||Whether or not to count the first page in the Unit Fee charges.|
The PhotoduplicationRequest.html and EditPhotoduplicationRequest.html pages will display your values in the dropdown boxes for the three billing fields. Billing charges for the request are listed in the Billing Details section of the Billing tab of the Request form in the Aeon Client.
Other Billing Customization Keys
- The WebDefaultBillingCategory key determines the default billing category for new customers. This key can be viewed and changed in the Aeon Customization Manager under Web Interface | Defaults.
- The SLRequestReceivedBillingExempt key determines the web status line that appears on the main menu after a user successfully submits a new photoduplication request when their billing category is Exempt. This key can be viewed and changed in the Aeon Customization Manager under Web Interface | Status Lines.
- AutoProcessZeroBalanceInvoices–Setting this key to yes will skip the Awaiting Order Approval and Awaiting Order Billing steps for Order requests with exempt billing status in the Activity or User record.The Order request will move directly to Awaiting Item Delivery. A note will be added to the request history when the order approval/billing steps are skipped. This key is set in the Aeon Customization Manager under System | Billing.
Adding Entries to the BillingDefaults Table
- In the Aeon Customization Manager, click on the Billing Defaults tab.
- To add a record, click New or click the area in the table that says Click here to add a new row.
- Fill in the fields - all are describe above.
- You can also copy an existing record by clicking Copy to New Billing Category and selecting the new billing category.
- Click Save once you have made any changes.
User Billing Category
You have the option to change the Billing Category of the user to be either Default (which is the default category), or Exempt (meaning you will not charge that particular patron).
- To make a change, open the user form and click on the Billing Tab. There will be a drop-down menu on the top right. Select the new Billing Category, and click Save.
- In this Billing Tab you will be able to view any fees that have been generated based on the user Billing Category and the item format, service level, and shipping option.
Adding Payment Methods to the CustomDropdown Table
The Payment Method field in the Payments/Credits section of the Billing tab will automatically populate with entries that have been previously typed in the field. However, if you like you can also add payments methods to the form by entering them into the CustomDropdown table in the customization manager.
Add payment method entries to the Billing tab of the Request form by adding the PaymentMethod field (from the BillingPayments table) as the Group Name in the CustomDropDown table and selecting the Label Name and Label Value (for example, Cash, Check, or Purchase Order).
Configuring a Credit Card Payment Provider
If you want to be able to accept credit card payments for photoduplication requests, you will need a payment provider. A payment provider is a credit card payment processor that passes payment between the customer and the merchant. You configure the payment provider using specialized web pages and the customization keys under the System | Billing section of the Customization Manager. Your Atlas Aeon Specialist/Implementation Coordinator can assist you in configuring your payment provider information as part of your Aeon installation.