Using the Groups Maintenance feature, ILLiad allows you to group lenders together for statistical purposes. You may set up as many or as few groups as your institution needs. Groups are not mutually exclusive- libraries or other lending institutions may belong to several groups. You also use Groups to create Lending Due Date Override values for your Lenders. Groups are visible on the Library Address form and Library Selection form.
For more information on ILLiad statistics and reports, see ILLiad Web Reports. In web reports, you are able to filter by many parameters including group.
Creating and Editing Groups
- To open the Groups Maintenance form, from the ILLiad main screen click on the System tab then Groups Maintenance.
- To add your first group, type the group name in the Group Name field and click Save.
- Once you have created your first group, you can add additional groups or edit the existing group(s).
Adding and Removing Libraries in a Group
- To add libraries to a group, first select the group you want to add them to from the list on the left.
- Use the Search boxes to find a library to add to the group: search by symbol, name, and/or address. Search results will display in a list on the right.
- Select one or more libraries from the list and click Add Selected Libraries.
- The added libraries will display in a list in the middle of the form.
- To remove libraries from a group, select one or more libraries from the middle section and click Remove Selected Libraries.
- To remove all libraries from a group, select the group and click Remove All Libraries.
- Click Save to save changes to the group.
Creating Lending Due Date Override Values
Lending due dates can be customized in Groups using the Lending Due Date Override value. This value works the same as the LendingDueDateDays key in the ILLiad Customization Manager, adding the number to the current date to set the initial due date for the request. If a Lending Due Date Override value is specified for a group, that value will be used for the Lenders Addresses in that group. If no Lending Due Date Override value is set, (either the borrower is not in a group or the group has not specified a Lending Due Date Override value), the transaction uses the LendingDueDateDays key value. When a lender is in more than one group and each group has specified a Lending Due Date Override value, the larger value will be chosen.