These instructions were written using the current version of Microsoft's MDAC and Microsoft Access 2013 as a guide. If you have a different version, the screens and process may vary slightly from the steps outlined here.
Prior to setting up a connection to Microsoft Access, you will need to create an ODBC link This will be the ILLiadLink utilized in step 7 below. For instructions on creating this link, see Setting up the ODBC Data Source Link.
- Open Microsoft Access.
- Choose the option to create a new Blank Database.
- Enter a title for your database and click Create.
- To import your data source, click the External Data tab and then ODBC Database.
- Select Link to the data source by creating a linked table.
- Click the Machine Data Source tab.
- Select ILLiadLink from the list and click OK.
- Log in with the ILLiadLink login ID and password and click OK.
- A Link Tables box is displayed. To link all of the tables, click the Select All button and click OK.
- If any tables ask you to Select Unique Record Identifier, click OK. When this is finished, the link is complete.