DOCLINE Login Methods Before and After the 9.2 Update
Have you received a 'Permission Denied' or 'Couldn't sign you in' error message when attempting to authenticate into DOCLINE through ILLiad using Google accounts or Research Organization? See the images below for examples. To better understand the cause of the issues, the workarounds, and what to expect after v9.2, please see the details below.
ILLiad 9.1 and Previous Versions
Research Organization Known Issue
- Issue: Some institutions have reported seeing a Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) error. See the image below.
- Details: The research authentication issue is a result of a conflict with the deprecation of Internet Explorer.
- Solution: To fix this problem please follow the steps below:
- Begin typing your organization's name in the textbox on the Research Organization sign-in screen
- Once your organization's name appears in the dropdown list, use the arrow keys on your keyboard to highlight it
- Press Enter on your keyboard
- Click the Continue button and you will be able to log in
Google Accounts Known Issue
- Issue: Any new staff members will NOT be able to create and use Google accounts. Some other users have reported no longer being able to use Google accounts after using it regularly.
- Details: As of June 2021, Google blocked authentication through embedded browser frameworks. Since DOCLINE is embedded within ILLiad, the authentication is being blocked. Details: https://security.googleblog.com/2019/04/better-protection-against-man-in-middle.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+GoogleOnlineSecurityBlog+(Google+Online+Security+Blog)&m=1.
- Solution: Switch to a Non-Google authentication provider. For a list of supported authentication methods, see DOCLINE Log-In Methods.
- Login.gov is not a supported login method for v9.1 or any previous version.
After the 9.2 Update
The 9.2 release will include support for the Chromium browser. This will fix all the login methods impacted by the depreciation of IE. Google accounts will NOT work after updating to v9.2 due to Google no longer allowing authentication via embedded browsers.
Supported Login Methods after v9.2
- Research Organization
If you have any question, feel free to send me a message or contact email@example.com.
Sara Juel, MBA
Access Services Product Manager
Atlas Systems - Library excellence through efficiency
“Training from anywhere…Enroll in an online training course from home or office.”
Please sign in to leave a comment.