You can change the Loan Period of an Item using the Loan Period dropdown on the Item form. Additionally, changing the Loan Period of an Item will prompt you to apply the change to related Items with the same barcode and semester. Related Items are any hard copy Items within the same semester that are in the same course or linked via cloning. Changes to the Loan Period of related Items are tracked in the Linked grid under the History tab in the Item form.
Changing the Loan Period from the Item Form
- Open the Item request.
- Click on the dropdown next to Loan Period.
- Select the new Loan Period.
- Click Save.
Changing the Loan Period of Related Items
When you change the Loan Period of an Item, Ares will check to see if there are any other Items within the same semester that contain the same Barcode. If there are others, either within the same course or in other courses, a message with three options will display:
"There are other items with the same barcode and semester that no longer match this item's pickup location or loan period. Choose an option to synchronize the location and loan periods."
- Change others to match this item: The loan period of all other items in this semester that share this item's barcode will be set to match this item.
- Change this item to match others: The loan period of this item will be changed to match all other items in this semester that share this item's barcode.
- Do not synchronize loan period and pickup location: The item will be saved with its current values and no other items will be updated. This will allow matching items to have differing loan periods.