The Decision Support Pipeline (DSP) will enable you to combine the power of Routing Rules and Server Addons to automate request processing based on target information (e.g., costs, local holdings, etc.) and the business rules set in the Customization Manager. Listed below are the step-by-step instructions for configuring the DSP. For a more in-depth explanation of the DSP feature and how everything works together, see Decision Support Pipeline Overview.
1. Upload DSP Addons to the Customization Manager
- Download the DSP addon(s) from the ILLiad Addon Directory.
- For more information on Installing addons, see Installing and Configuring Server Addons.
- Log into the Customization Manager and navigate to Addons | Server Addons.
- Select the Server Addons tab.
- Click the New button in the Server Addons Ribbon to upload the DSP addon.
- In the bottom pane, select the NVTGC.
- Select one or more of the Supported Pipelines to subscribe to the addon to that Pipeline.
- On the Server Addon Ribbon, click Save.
- Repeat steps to upload an addon for each NVTGC.
2. Set Business Rules
- In the Customization Manager under Addons | DSP Business Rules, select the DSP Business Rules tab.
- Click the New button to add a rule.
- In the bottom pane, fill out the following information:
- Rule Number
- Rule Type
- Target Type
- *Optional- Match String
- Click Save.
For example business rules, see Business Rules Workflow and Examples.
3. Creating Routing Rules
The DSP feature will not work until you have created routing rules in the Customization Manager under System | Routing. The rules should be configured to pick up the request and move it into the input queue of the DSP pipeline based on the RequestType.
Manually routing requests to the Awaiting Pre-Copyright Pipeline queue for Articles or the Awaiting Request Pipeline queue for Loans will also jump-start the DSP feature.
Routing Rule Samples:
- Route request to the Awaiting Pre-Copyright Pipeline queue in the Borrowing ArticlePreCopyright pipeline if RequestType= Article.
- Route request to the Awaiting Request Pipeline queue in the BorrowingLoan pipeline if RequestType=Loan.