What did you wish your predecessor had told you?
Hello ILLiad Community,
We're putting together a new getting started with ILLiad article for well-established ILLiad sites. The goal of the article is to help provide a list of resources you can share with future colleagues that join your team. The article will help new staff members locate ILLiad resources (events, documentation, etc.) and gain a basic understanding of where to find information on any custom workflows/configurations your site may have.
Here are some of the topics we've come up with so far:
- Conferences to attend
- Where the ILLiad docs are located: support.atlas-sys.com
- Where to sign-up for ILLiad events: atlas-sys.eventbrite.com
- Make sure they know how to login to Customization Manager, Staff Manager
- Any special customizations in place for workflows, routing, web, authentication
- Who to contact for support for ILLiad/OCLC/other systems you use for resource sharing
- How to interact with the ILLiad/Resource Sharing community: https://support.atlas-sys.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/4403427034515-Staying-Connected-in-the-ILLiad-Community-Updates-training-opportunities-connecting-with-other-ILLers
- Atlas Concierge Services are available when needed: https://www.atlas-sys.com/concierge-services
Do you have any other resources or topic suggestions? Feel free to comment below or message me directly. I'd love to hear what you are doing when training new staff!
Sara Juel, MBA
Access Services Product Manager
Atlas Systems - Library excellence through efficiency
“Training from anywhere…Enroll in an online training course from home or office.”