2020 Aeon Virtual Users Group Call for Proposals
Due to the ongoing restrictions and risks of COVID-19, the 2020 Aeon Symposium, previously scheduled to be held at the University of Georgia, has been canceled. We would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to the University of Georgia for all their work and we are excited to announce that the University of Georgia has volunteered to host the Aeon Symposium for 2021.
However, we don’t want you to miss out on the annual opportunity to connect with and learn from your colleagues.
Although we can’t be together in person, you are all invited to join us remotely for the 2020 Aeon Virtual Users Group. Mark your calendar for June 2, 2020 and keep an eye out for more information and registration information.
We are seeking proposals for 10-30-minute lightning talks, presentations, and panel sessions. Do you have an experience to share or an idea to explore with colleagues? All ideas are welcomed, including public services related topics beyond the use of Aeon. Suggested topics include:
- Handling requests, workflows, and general procedures during Covid-19 shutdowns
- Streamlining workflows
- Implementation and training (staff and/or patrons)
- Use of Aeon in instruction, exhibits or other special projects
To see topics covered at past symposia, see the schedules below:
- 2016 at University of Michigan - https://training.atlas-sys.com/Course/Details/4222
- 2017 at Penn State - https://sites.psu.edu/xpsusymposium/
- 2018 at Claremont - http://libguides.libraries.claremont.edu/2018AeonMeeting/Agenda
- 2019 in Boston - https://projects.iq.harvard.edu/aeonsymposium2019/home
The deadline for submissions is Friday, May 1. Presenters will be notified by Friday, May 8 if their proposal has been accepted.
Please submit your proposal(s) via this form: https://bit.ly/AeonCFP
Questions? Contact Katie Gillespie at email@example.com