New OCLC Profile Groups Available in Response to COVID-19 Conditions
OCLC has created new GAC Profile Groups that allow borrowers to identify lenders that are able to supply items in spite of the circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. They also identified existing Profile Groups that may be helpful:
- ACOV -- Libraries supplying electronic documents/articles during the COVID-19 crisis. This is a new Profile Group.
- BCOV -- Libraries supplying electronic books during the COVID-19 crisis. This is a new Profile Group.
- EBOK -- Libraries supplying full ebooks
- LONG -- Libraries with long due dates
- LLLL -- LVIS Libraries with long due dates
- Navigate to System --> OCLC --> GAC
- Select New Record from the Ribbon
- Add the Profile Group name in the Name field
- Add a description in the Description field
- Click the Save button in the ribbon
- Repeat for the all Profile Groups you would like to add
- Re-start the ILLiad Client and open a borrowing request to process via OCLC, opening the OCLC Search ribbon with the OCLC tab.
- Click the bottom-half of the Holdings button to open the menu window
- Select Profile Groups from the menu to open the quick menu option
- Click Select Profile Group ... from the bottom of the list--new window will open
- Scroll to the Profile Group you would like to select and the owning libraries will display in the Holdings tab
- Process as usual
- After selecting the new Profile Group, it will appear in the quick menu (Step 2 above) the next time you process a request
- Ensure that your copy deflections DO NOT include E-Serials or Computer Files. (These format types deflect more requests than expected.)
- Ensure your copy deflections include only the material types you cannot supply. For example, if you can supply scans of printed serials, then don’t deflect copy requests for serials.
- To provide a visual indicator within WorldShare ILL, Tipasa, and ILLiad that you currently do not fulfill loan requests but you do fulfill copy requests:
- Set your Days to Respond for loans to 16 days if you can provide copies from both your print and electronic holdings.
- Set your Days to Respond for loans to 20 days if you can provide copies from your electronic collections (but not scans of physical materials).
Once the above settings are in place, let OCLC know that you would like to be added to the ACOV group by completing this form (oc.lc/covgroups). OCLC will add your symbol within the next 2-3 business days.
Joining BCOV Profile Group
If you would like your library’s OCLC symbol to be included in the BCOV group, please do the following in the OCLC Policies Directory:
- Ensure your copy deflections DO NOT include E-Text or Internet Resource. (These format types deflect more requests than expected.)
Once the above settings are in place, let OCLC know you’d like to be added to the BCOV group by completing this form (https://forms.microsoft.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=13VqUZjcY0GgP_kY0qK8mh1YIvIFQaFCh29YD3ZtfRZUM05WQ0haSk9BWDA5QTBIT04zVkUzOFY1VC4u). OCLC will add your OCLC symbol within the next 2-3 business days.