DOCLINE Lending: Workaround for Requests not Imported to ILLiad
If you accidentally used the internal DOCLINE buttons to receipt a DOCLINE request and you want to be able to track that request for billing and statistical purposes in ILLiad, you will need to add that request manually.
Here are the steps for that process:
- Obtain the DOCLINE library and citation information. I recommend printing the DOCLINE request.
- Search for the library's Lender Address record in ILLiad.
- If the library is a new borrower:
- Create a Lender Address record with the Add button on the Lending ribbon.
- Complete the essential library information (Symbol, Library Name & Address 1 are required) for your local records.
- Save with the icon in the top left of the Lender Address record.
- From the Lender Address record, select Add Request
- A blank ILLiad form will open
- Add basic citation information
- Click the Pubmed/Medline tab and use the search options in the ribbon to find the citation. You can search quickly by PMID, but other searching options are available. When you have identified the correct citation, select it from the list and click Import Citation. This will copy the citation information to the ILLiad request.
- Change the System ID is DOC
- Add DOCLINE request number to the ILL Number field
- Click Save icon in the top left of the request
- Search for item in your collection and process to deliver as normal
- You will need to use the Send via Article Exchange option rather than Odyssey.
- From the Lending Ribbon, select Update Docline Requests
- Add the Docline numbers manually in the batch processing window. The Paste Yes/Paste No options will not work for these requests.
DOCLINE scripts released on 3/8/2019 will keep the DOCLINE request from opening in a separate window. Directions for installing those new scripts are here: https://support.atlas-sys.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360028810513-DOCLINE-Revised-Scripts-to-Prevent-New-Window-Opening