ArchivesSpace users, the ArchivesSpace Online Forum needs you!
We are seeking presenters for a series of lightening rounds focused on your ArchivesSpace implementation experience. ArchivesSpace members and non-members are welcome to apply.
The ArchivesSpace Online Forum will take place on March 18, 2019, beginning at 5:00pm UTC and will feature a program of three 3-hour blocks, with 1-hour breaks in between. Find your local time here.
We are looking for presenters during the following blocks/hours:
Speakers should prepare a 5 to 10-minute PowerPoint presentation about their ArchivesSpace implementation process. Examples of topics could include (but are not limited to):
- Lessons learned: How did you approach ArchivesSpace implementation in general?
- Lessons learned: How did you approach migration in general?
- Lessons learned: How did you approach migration from specific legacy software (Archivists’ Toolkit, Archon, Excel, etc.)?
- Data entry: How did you prioritize adding records into ArchivesSpace?
- Documentation: Did you create documentation about your implementation experience or local workflows? Who is responsible for maintaining your documentation?
- Documentation: If you created documentation, do you have tips about how to create documentation and would you be willing to share your documentation?
- Training: How did you train staff? Did you develop a training program, or did you dive into the software?
- Training: Did you work with student assistants, volunteers, or interns? How did you train them and how did you delegate the work? Did you have frequent turnover and how did you accommodate?
- Next steps or goals: We implemented ArchivesSpace. Now what?
If you are interested in presenting, or have any questions, please contact Madeline Sheldon, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anne Marie Lyons, Atlas Systems
Madeline Sheldon, LYRASIS