New Bulk Edit Item Feature
Due to popular demand in UserVoice, the idea Allow staff to edit multiple items at once on the grid was added into Ares version 4.7.
With a new Bulk Edit Items button, you can now edit citation errors and location changes for multiple record items simultaneously.
The new button is accessible on the Client Ribbon in Search Item Results, Custom Item Search, and Request Queues.
Reasons Why You Would Use This Feature
- Set the shelf location to "Stacks" for multiple items without opening the records.
- Edit an error in the citation information that has been duplicated for multiple courses.
- Any custom notes or additional changes to item records.
How to Use This Feature
- To utilize this tool, open the client
- Navigate to a request queue, custom item search, or search item results
- On the ribbon, click on Bulk Edit Items
- Highlight all the items you wish to change
- Note: you may have to reorganize by the headers to gather the similar items together
- Select the field you wish to change (e.g. Title, ESP Number, PubDate, etc.)
- Type the change you wish to make in the New Value field
- Click Save
For a detailed example of how to use this feature, please see the Bulk Edit Items article.