This article contains instructions for implementing the appointment scheduling features on your web pages. These web pages and their associated features are not installed by default and must be manually added to your web directory and request forms.
Before You Start: Compatibility Check
- These web pages are not compatible with the pre-v5.0 Aeon web pages. Your web pages must be v5.0 or later to implement the new appointment scheduling pages. You must also be on v5.1 or later of Aeon to make use of this feature.
Implementing Appointment Scheduling Web Pages
Step One: Add New Pages to the Web Directory
- Download the latest feature-specific Appointment Scheduling web pages.
- Open the downloaded FeatureSpecificPages\AppointmentScheduling folder and copy the contents (pictured below) into either your Aeon web directory (default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Aeon\Web) or your Testweb directory if you would like to first test the changes:
Copying the contents of the AppointmentScheduling folder into your web directory will overwrite your include_nav.html and ViewUserReviewRequests.html files. If you have made customizations to those files that you do not want to lose, please follow the instructions below.
If you have made customizations to your ViewUserReviewRequests.html file that you do not want to lose, please move your customizations to the new file in the AppointmentScheduling folder before copying the folder to your web directory.
If you have made customizations to your include_nav.html file that you do not want to lose, please delete the include_nav.html file in the AppointmentScheduling folder before copying the folder to your web directory.
The following code can then be manually added to your pre-existing include_nav.html file to include a link to the Appointments page in your navigation bar:
<li class="nav-item"> <a class="nav-link" href="<#ACTION action='10' form='94'>"> <span aria-hidden="true" class="fas fa-calendar"></span> Appointments </a> </li>
Step Two: Edit Request Forms
Once the new pages are added to your web directory, you will need to edit your request form pages to include the new appointment scheduling fields and controls. Make sure to add appointment scheduling features to both the normal request form and its corresponding edit page:
- Navigate to your Aeon web directory (default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Aeon\Web) or Testweb directory.
- Make backup copies of the files you need to edit and save these in another location.
- Open the copy of the file for editing in a text editing application such as Notepad++.
- Within the file, navigate to where you want to add the appointment scheduling content.
- Add the following line, which will add automatically add the fields for RequestLink (RequestFor), Site, Reading Room and Appointment, as well as a New Appointment button to activate the web scheduler on the request form:
Avoiding Duplicate Site FieldsAdding the line of code above will create a duplicate instance of the Site field on your request forms if you had been previously using this field as an option on those forms. There are two options for removing the duplicate Site field that you may choose from depending on which would work best with your specific web page configuration:
- Remove any instances of the Site field from each request form before adding the code for the include_appointment_info.html include file to each form. The Site field will then be added to the form through the include file.
- Remove the Site field from include_appointment_info.html (default lines 16-25) before adding the code for the include_appointment_info.html include file to your request forms. This will allow you to keep your existing instance of the Site field on each form, as it will not be added through the include file.
- Review the other contents of the file and remove any instances of the RequestLink field. This is necessary to avoid having duplicate inputs of this field that will cause errors, since a new instance of this field will be added to your form through the step above.
Review the contents of the file and remove any instances of the ScheduledDate field, if you have been using this feature.If you have been using Scheduled Date as a required field, you will also need to delete the Scheduled Date entry from the WebValidation table after removing it from your request forms.
- Save your changes and close the file.
- Repeat steps 4-9 for all files that need to be edited to include the appointment scheduling controls.
- If using Testweb, test your new request forms. When testing is complete, add the new files to your Aeon web directory (default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Aeon\Web) and go live.