These release notes describe functionality that may not have been released yet. To see when this functionality is planned to release, please review What's new and planned for Ares. Delivery timelines and projected functionality may change or may not ship.
Digital file uploads from the Ares Client will be transferred as encrypted files using the new Ares API.
- More secure, encrypted file uploads.
- Simplified installation requirements.
Ares Client users should continue to upload files and use batch item uploading as in previous versions.
- FTP accounts or File Share set up is no longer required for client uploads.
- ClientUploadShare, ClientUploadMethod, ClientUploadFTPUsername, and ClientUploadFTPServer keys will be removed from the Customization table.
- ClientUploadFTPPath, CopyrightPermissionDocFTPPath, and CopyrightPermissionDocShare Customization keys will be updated to indicate the paths that should be used during the updated upload process.
- After the update has been completed, locally-hosted sites should consider removing or editing the FTP/file share access that was previously needed for uploading items.
- Atlas-hosted servers will remove obsolete FTP accounts as part of the upgrade to Ares 5.0.
- Uservoice: Ares UserVoice Enhancement Request