Navigate to the Accession Record to be worked in using one of two ways:
- Click Select Repository and choose the one that contains the Accession Record to be worked on.
- Click the Search All Records search box.
- Type in the term(s) for the Accession Record to be worked on.
- Limit by Accession.
- Find the record in the search results and click Edit.
Click Select Repository and choose the one that contains the Accession Record to be worked on.
Click Browse and select Accessions from the dropdown menu.
- Click the Filter by text search box on the left of the screen and type in the term(s) for the Accession Record(s) to be worked on.
Click Edit to the right of the chosen Accession Record.
The Accession Record will open.
On the left is a menu of quick links for navigation throughout the record. Click Subjects to be taken to this area of the Accession Record.
To add a new Subject:
Click Add Subject to the right of the Subjects section.
A new entry will open beneath any already completed Subjects.
The only field, which is required, is Subjects.
A Subject can be found in two ways:
Begin typing in the Resource box, and options will automatically populate.
Click the down arrow to the right of the box, and the Browse option will appear.
If the second option is used, the user will be taken to the Browse Subjects page.
Find Subjects by:
- Using Filter by text to type in terms.
- The options listing beneath, which includes Source and Term Type.
Once the desired Subject has been found.
- Click the button to the left of the title.
- Click Link to Subjects.
If a Subject that does not yet exist in this instance of ArchivesSpace needs to be added, one can be created from this form. That process is discussed in another document.
The plus sign at the bottom of each section or the Add Subject button in the upper right of the section causes a new form to be created, and the X in the upper right of each section will open a prompt asking to confirm removal of that form.
Be sure to save the record before moving on.