To view Accession Records:
- Click Select Repository and choose the repository to be viewed.
- Click Browse.
- Select Accessions from the drop-down menu.
The Accessions page will open, defaulting to show all of the Accession Records in the viewing repository.
On the left side of the screen is:
- A search box for text filtering.
- Pre-selected filters, with several links in each narrowing down results.
- Accession Date
On the right side of the screen is:
- A list of the records, with page number links for navigation. From left to right, the records include:
- The Title
- Entry information
- who created the record
- when the record was created
- when the record was last modified
- View and Edit buttons
- Sort filters for the current view
The final three options are only available to users in higher level permission groups in the out-of-the-box version of ArchivesSpace. This can be changed if needed.
- Edit Default Values - available only to the Managers group.
- Create Accession - available to the Basic Data, Advanced Data, Archivist, Project Manager, and Manager groups.
- Delete - available to Project Manager and Managers groups.
- To delete, check the box(es) of the appropriate record(s), then click Delete.
To look at a specific Accession Record, click View to the right of the record to be viewed.
The record will open. From the top left to right, the record contains :
- A menu of quick links for easy navigation to the various parts of the record.
- An Edit button (yellow), for every group except viewers.
- A View Published button, which allows users to view a record as it looks on the public interface if applicable.
An Add Event drop-down menu for adding an activity that might have happened to the record.
This drop-down can be built and customized by each institution.
- A Spawn button, which allows users to add a copy of the record to another Accession or Resource record.
- A Suppress button, which can hide records from the public and potentially some ArchivesSpace staff, depending on their group permissions.
- A Delete button.
Further details about Accession Records will be available in the future documentation.