Navigate to the Accession Record to be worked in using one of two ways:
- Click Select Repository and choose the one that contains the Accession Record to be worked on.
- Click the Search All Records search box.
- Type in the term(s) for the Accession Record to be worked on.
- Limit by Accession.
- Find the record in the search results and click Edit.
Click Select Repository and choose the one that contains the Accession Record to be worked on.
Click Browse and select Accessions from the dropdown menu.
- Click the Filter by text search box on the left of the screen and type in the term(s) for the Accession Record(s) to be worked on
Click Edit to the right of the chosen Accession Record.
The Accession Record will open.
On the left is a menu of quick links for navigation throughout the record. Click Instances to be taken to this area of the Accession Record.
When Instances within the Accession Record is hovered over, the tooltip explains that this section:
"Links description in information about physical or digital installations of material."
To add a new digital object within an Instance:
- A new entry will open beneath any already completed Digital Objects in Instances.
The only field, which is required, is Digital Object. If the title of the object is known, it can be free typed and matching options will appear. If not, click the down arrow to the right of the search box and choose Browse or Create.
If Browse is selected, the Browse Digital Objects form will open. Search by:
Click the button to the left of the chosen item, then click Link to Digital Objects.
The Add Digital Object button at the bottom of each section or the Add Digital Object button in the upper right of the section causes a new form to be created, and the X in the upper right of each section will open a prompt asking to confirm removal of that form.
Be sure to save the record before moving on.