If you are updating to ILLiad version 8.6 from a previous version of ILLiad, you may need to do some configuration to implement new features.
The ILLiad 8.6 Release Notes contain a comprehensive list of all new features and bug fixes in ILLiad 8.6.
In ILLiad 8.6, ALL EMAIL TEMPLATES WILL BE STORED IN THE CUSTOMIZATION MANAGER and will no longer use .txt files. Additionally, the tag format will change from <#LoanTitle> to <#Transaction.LoanTitle>). If you have existing templates in the ILLiad Customization Manager (you can view your email templates under the Notification Templates tab and clicking Edit), they will automatically be changed to this new format. Because of this, the best thing to do is to move any .txt templates to the ILLiad Customization Manager BEFORE updating to save work later.
- First, locate where your .txt templates are being stored.
- You will also need to find out which .txt templates are being used. An easy way to do this is to search for .txt in the ILLiad Customization Manager.
- Once you have located these .txt templates, you can simply create a new template and move the information to it.
- See Creating and Editing Email Templates for instructions on creating a new template.
See Moving Email Templates to the ILLiad Customization Manager for more detailed instructions.
Moving Email Templates Part 1
Moving Email Templates Part 2
ILLiad now uses the ILLiad Web Platform for various functions such as pulling information from the OCLC Policies Directory, sending Article Exchange items, and more.
- If you haven't configured the ILLiad Web Platform, see Configuring the ILLiad Web Platform for instructions.
You can now send your patrons text messages to notify them when their items are available when a request has been cancelled, when their item is overdue, and more.
- You first must create an account with Twilio. See https://www.twilio.com/sms for information. This is a paid service not affiliated with Atlas Systems.
- Once you have a Twilio account, you will need to download the Twilio addon. You can find this addon in the Addons Directory under ILLiad Twilio SMS Addon.
- When the addon is downloaded, you can configure it with your Twilio credentials. See Working with Addons for more instructions.
- Once you have installed and configured the addon, you can start sending text messages! See Setting Text Notification Preferences for information on how to set text preferences in the client.
Alias Display Statuses
Display Statuses are aliases for default ILLiad transaction statuses. You can have an alias status display on the ILLiad web pages instead of the actual ILLiad transaction status.
- These statuses can be created in the DisplayStatuses table in the ILLiad Customization Manager, found under Web Interface | General. This table will be automatically added when you upgrade to ILLiad 8.6 and will be empty by default.
- See Creating Display Statuses to learn how to create these statuses, and Display Status Examples for examples and tips.
Electronic Delivery Utility and Article Exchange
The Electronic Delivery Utility (formerly Odyssey Helper) is now able to send articles through Article Exchange if Odyssey sending fails.
- First, you'll need to make sure you have configured Article Exchange to work with your system. If you haven't yet done this, see Configuring Article Exchange Integration, Requesting a WSKey from OCLC, and Article Exchange and the ILLiad Web Platform.
- Set the SendArticleExchangeOnOdysseyFailure key to Yes. This is found in the ILLiad Customization Manager under System | Article Exchange.
You now have the ability to assign users both an Article Billing Category and a Loan Billing Category. See the ILLiad 8.6 Release Notes for a list of specific changes that were made to accommodate this.
- To set these categories for a user, open their User record and click the Accounts tab. You can then select a specific Article Billing Category and a Loan Billing Category.
- If you have used the Billing Category field/tag in any email templates or web pages, it will now be ignored. You will need to either remove it or specify either Article or Loan.
Days to Respond Colors
On the OCLC Holdings form, you can now color code institutions based on their days to respond number.
Tab Order on Web Pages
Tab order is the order in which a user moves focus from one control to another by pressing the TAB key. The ILLiad web pages have been updated to remove references to tab order so that the web pages will use the browser's settings. If you want to remove the tab order from your ILLiad web pages:
- If you don't have any customizations on your ILLiad web pages, you can download the default pages on ILLiad Downloads and replace your old pages with
More Obvious TN on Web Pages
You have the ability to make transaction numbers on the home page of the ILLiad web pages more visible and obvious. To make this change on your web pages:
- If you don't have any customizations on your ILLiad web pages, you can download the default pages on ILLiad Downloads and replace your old pages with the new pages.